Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's Been A While...

Quite a while, actually. Six months to the day. I've meant to write, really. That's what they always say. I guess, in this case, the "no news is good news" cliche rings true. I haven't written, because there hasn't been much to write about regarding my health.

These days, I'm doing the things I want to do and enjoying being healthier than I can remember being in many years. And also, I got tired of focusing so much on my illness, so I simply didn't focus on it as much, because I didn't have to. Obviously, it's always on my mind, and it still limits the way I do certain things, but there were so many other wonderful things to enjoy and be out doing instead of sitting at home writing.

Here's where I am with my health these days:

I still live with pain, every day, mostly in my bionic foot, joints, chest, and spine, but I've found that being busy and staying active helps. It could be that it loosens me up, or that I'm too preoccupied to dwell, but nonetheless, it helps.

I still spend 10 to 12 hours a day in bed, and a lot of my day sitting, but I'm still able to get done what I want to do for the most part.

I eat more things now, like some starches, and basically all nuts, and any fruit I desire, and sometimes (very rarely) even gluten and cheese (I usually pay dearly for it). Shocking, right? I still stay away from eating mammals, sugar (I've cheated a few times lately, not going to lie), soy, and fungus, I try not to eat anything modified or processed, and continue to get my blood tested. So far, so good. 

I'm currently toying with adding honey, Agave, and certain types of chocolate to my diet, but I have a major sweet tooth, so the idea scares me.

And here's what I've been up to in the last six months:

I traveled to Boston, Rhode Island, Maine, San Diego, and San Francisco.

I spent time with people I care about, especially my entire family.

I was Box Office Manager for the interactive horror play called Delusion and met a bunch of celebrities like Laura Prepon, Nathan Fillion, Lance Bass, and Neil Patrick Harris.

I interned at GLAM Magazine and interviewed a bunch of people including Margaret Cho.

I booked guests, like Paula Patton, for a talk show and a radio show.

I went to tapings of a ton of game and talk shows such as Chelsea Lately and The Price Is Right.

I visited museums, parks, and galleries.

I went to a ton of concerts, plays, movies, and events.

I photographed premieres and red carpets.

I produced a reunion event for fans of South of Nowhere with the cast and crew.

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

And here's what is coming up in the next six months:

I'm turning 29- EEK!

My niece is turning 2.

My parents are coming to visit.

I'm doing Color Me Rad again.

My 3rd year on the red carpet at The Daytime Emmys.

And hopefully a bunch of other rad things!


Until the next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment