Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Last night I had a party to celebrate my sobriety birthday and a friend brought over caramel apples. Homemade. Caramel. Apples. Bless her soul for doing that, but FML for watching 20 of my closest friends shoveling them into their faces.

Also, since I've gotten sick, practically everyone I know has gone to TX. No, seriously. There was a conference there and at least 50 people I know were there; both my bosses have gone recently; and at least 15 of my other friends have gone, as well. One friend just came back and another is going next weekend.

Cue the pity party...

Before this year, nobody ever went to TX. Why would they? I even tried getting people to go with me and nobody ever would. Now it's a mass exodus and I'm left in the dust.

Really it isn't that big of a deal. It's just that I was supposed to be in TX this month. I was going to reward myself for my 1 yr and go for a couple weeks so I could celebrate with my Mom for her birthday and go to the Texas State Fair.

This is a pic of me enjoying a funnel cake. See the sheer determination on my face?! I ate so much that day I had to purge so I could eat more. That's how dedicated to the State Fair experience I am. I don't mess around.



I just want a caramel apple!

If Halloween is already this rough, Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be torturous!

No comments:

Post a Comment