Friday, December 17, 2010

There's such a thing as a LOWER respiratory infection?!

You learn something new everyday...

I've heard people say a million times that they have an upper respiratory infection (which is basically a bad cold, btw) but have never heard of, or considered, that if there's an upper, there must be a lower.

It's official: my lungs hate me. They've joined forces with my eardrum and are waging war.

There is so much fluid in my ear and lungs that I can hear my own heartbeat and breathing like a thunderous underwater heavy metal concert. "Keep it down, will ya? I'm trying to nap!"

I went to see Sara Bareilles last night. She's my favorite :) and even though I felt like a corpse and there was a tidal wave of mucus erupting from my nose, I went anyway. We had seats and the show was amazing. I don't feel that was overdoing it but my doctor thinks otherwise. I now intend to sleep the weekend away, as instructed.

Apparently, fluid in your lungs is cause for rest. I'm still learning the meaning of that word, but I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment