Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Master at work

I felt like cooking the other night, but seeing that I live in someone's basement, and given how the house above is owned by a chef, who happened to be honing his craft, I had to resort to ulterior means.

I haven't cooked in so long, I felt I had to jump on it as soon as the idea struck me. Otherwise, knowing myself, if I had waited for the kitchen to be freed, the moment would long have passed.

Thus, I came up with this:



I just pretended I lived in NYC and cooked a delicious meal of verde chicken.



Verde Salsa Recipe:

1 yellow heirloom tomato
3 red vine-ripened tomatoes
2 medium sized avocados
3 jalepenos
1 yellow onion
1 clove garlic
half a lime
half cup of water
Salt if you prefer (I don't)

Chop the vegetables.
Combine the water and yellow tomato in the blender.
Then slowly add other ingredients in small increments, and blending each one in (I suggest starting with softer veggies so they blend better and don't grind the motor. Hence why I started with the big tomato).
Squeeze in the lime.
Add salt, if you wish, to taste.

I have a feeling I'll be doing some more cooking very soon...possibly even in a real kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment