Thursday, December 22, 2011

Progress Report

What I was told I'd do:
- 2 weeks of bedrest
- 2 weeks of limited activity
- 2 weeks of moderate activity + physical therapy
- 6-8 weeks post-op begin bearing weight
- 3-4 months ditch crutches for cane
- 4-6 months ditch cane
- 6-12 months regain normal activity: walking, running, climbing

What I said I'd do:
- 2 weeks bedrest
- 2 weeks limited activity + physical therapy
- 2 weeks moderate activity + bearing weight
- 6-8 weeks ditch crutches for cane
- 3-4 months ditch cane + walk
- 6 months climb
- 6-12 months run

What I've done:
- 1 week bedrest
- 1 week limited activity
- 1 week moderate activity + physical therapy + bearing weight

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks post-op. I think I'll celebrate by standing. Take that!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Marty McFly, Back to the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment