Thursday, May 3, 2012

So Now What?

So since the blind clinical trial crashed and burned, this time around I'm calling the shots. This week, I went back to a medication I've used before called Voriconazole. We know it works, so I'm taking it as a buffer for a month and then I will start a new medicine.

Voriconazole works, but it also makes me feel like total, utter, poopy-shit. When I used to get it intravenously, I was walking roadkill. Taking it orally was a little better, but not by much.

I selectively forgot about that small detail, but was quickly reminded. My stomach feels like it's on a spin-cycle and if my joints were peanut butter, they'd be the crunchy kind.

I spent all morning in the fetal position in my bed, watching All My Children clips on YouTube; and all afternoon in the fetal position on the couch, cuddling with a five year old, listening to Sara Bareilles. If I can continue doing that for the rest of the month I'll be set!

1 comment:

  1. I find your posts very inspiring, for it takes courage to write about these things.

    ReplyDelete