Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What A Difference A Year Makes

A year ago, I was on bedrest, fighting a raging infection in my jaw. A month ago, I was at The Daytime Emmys, talking to Susan Lucci.

A year ago, my foot was a crumpled, useless mess. Today I walked barefoot, without assistance, across a room.

A year ago, I was having tubes stuck down my throat, and up my ass, and in my veins. Today, I can go up to a month without having anything stuck inside my body.

A year ago, I was having my jaw sawed apart, and my mouth rearranged and put back together. Today, I can chew on both sides of my mouth.

A year ago, getting to eat butter was the "best" thing I had going for me. Today, I can eat so many more things!

A year ago, I couldn't go longer than a week without throwing up. Today (I'm probably jinxing myself), I haven't vomed in over a month. *Knock on wood*

A year ago, I was struggling to decide my next course of treatment. Today, well... okay, not everything has changed, but you can't win them all!

Wow, what a difference a year makes. I think it's important for me to look back, to compare what life is like now to what life was like then. I still have a ways to go, but I sure have come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment