Sunday, November 4, 2012

New tricks

I don't ask for help much. It's the hardest thing in the world for me to do and something I'm really bad at doing. But you can't get good at something you never do, so I've been practicing more, mostly because I haven't had much say in the matter.

Turns out, you can teach old dogs new tricks!

Thanks to unbelievably supportive friends and family, who I recently went to for help, I was able to pay off my medical debt in San Francisco and have my medical care there signed off on. I can't begin to describe what a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I've been ready to leave The Bay for a while now, but felt trapped because my health and finances couldn't afford it. I'm so glad to be done with my physical torture and blood treatments and moving toward new opportunities!

It's  been a rough few years and I've been really run down the past few months. I need to rest and regroup, so I'm headed to LA to play for  a bit and lift my spirits, then I'm headed to Texas for a bit for some R and R.

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." -John Lennon

“It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” -Lena Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment