Saturday, November 17, 2012

Route 66

Two weeks ago I packed everything I own in my car and hit the road. After spending a couple days meeting up with friends and exploring National Parks, I spent a week in LA.

In Sequoia National Park I saw the world's biggest tree.


And the Great Western Divide.


While I was in LA, I caught up with friends and and my cousin who just moved there, worked on a really fun interactive haunted play, and took my friend to get a new tattoo.



Then my Dad flew out and together we drove Route 66 back to Texas.


We went to Sunset Crater Volcano National Park, Wupatki National Monument, and The Grand Canyon. We saw snow and rain and deserts.

And we tried to find Bren-friendly food. This is the best we could do.



I had diarrhea the whole time.

Now we're back in Texas and got to hang with my Mama and niece tonight.

It was a great journey!


"These beautiful days must enrich all my life. They do not exist as mere pictures...but they saturate themselves into every part of the body and live always." -John Muir


No comments:

Post a Comment