Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a lovely one and those who celebrate something else, or nothing, also had a lovely day/week/month.

We had a White Christmas in Fort Worth, the first in almost 40 years- the first for everyone in my family, even my parents, who moved to Texas 31 years ago.


We lasted about 45 seconds outside and my niece lasted 4.5 seconds in the snow and we were over it. The next day I did make a snowman on the hood of my car using snow from my windows, but that was the extent of our frolicking. The roads ended up being really icy and my sister lives out in the boonies, so the whole family had a Christmas sleepover.

Oh, and did I mention that, while the rest of my family got candy in their stockings, I got soup!


Here's my Christmas dinner. (clockwise: broccoli, sweet potato, fruit, apple crumble)


And BUFFALO!


Here's what I didn't eat. 
(cole slaw, ham, fruit salad, sweet potato casserole, macaroni casserole, fire baked rolls)


These casseroles broke my heart.


Homemade peppermint cheese cake with Oreo crust.

Just kill me now!



It was nice to be with my family and watch my niece experience her first Christmas. I'm so very grateful and blessed to be surrounded by people whom I love and who love me.

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment