Saturday, December 1, 2012

One Year Post Foot Reconstruction

Today marks one whole year since I had my Frankenfoot sawed apart and put back together. You can revisit that here.

For my my foot reconstruction, I had bones, tendons, and ligaments cut, fused, and moved. After a month of rest followed ten months of physical torture (physical therapy). It was hard, and a lot of the time it sucked, and it hurt- it hurt a lot. Today I can walk on my own. It was worth every step to get here!

Someone posted this video on Facebook and I just had to share it with everyone. It really hits home, especially today.

Aside from thinking "damn, I should've made a video!" I tried, my PTs got on to me about HIPAA every time I tried. Most of the pics I took in the hospital were when nobody was watching. (I got caught a lot, too), I am floored by this man's determination and accomplishment. He is truly an inspiration and further proof that mind pulls so much more weight that matter. If you put your mind to it, you can achieve great things.

Never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment