Monday, December 17, 2012

Lentil Quinoa Stuffing

Hey, remember that Thanksgiving when I made my own Bren-friendly stuffing and then I told you I would tell you how I did it? And remember that time I actually posted the recipe within a month of saying so? Wasn't that rad?

And away we go...

Ingredients:
Quinoa
Lentils
Celery
White onion
Butter or butter-like substance (vegetable broth works, too)
Your seasonings of choice (rosemary, etc.)

You'll need about half a cup of lentils and half a cup of quinoa per person. This recipe is for one person, thus you'll need to multiply accordingly.

First, soak the lentils and quinoa for about 30 minutes to an hour. Put twice as much water as grains (2:1) otherwise you'll burn them. I did the two grains together, in the pot I would later use to cook them, mostly because I'm lazy and because it saved me having to clean more dishes, but also because we were cooking 80 things at once and it was the only pot available.

After you've soaked them, bring them to a boil. Once the water is boiling, let it go for a minute-ish, then put on low heat and cover them. Stir every 10 to 15 minutes for about 30/45-ish minutes until the quinoa pops and the lentils are soft. Take them off the heat and stir until they are gooey.


Chop half an onion and about three celery stalks.

In another pot (or just steal some from the regular stuffing your Mama is making like I did), simmer the onion and celery in butter until the butter is runny and the veggies are soft.


Mix it all together and throw in some seasoning. We used rosemary, sage, and garlic.


Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment