Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stevia fail

I just learned the hard way that you can't bake with Stevia.

Never in my life have I had such a violent reaction to something being in my mouth. I tried substituting Stevia for sugar in a recipe and please take me on my word: IT. WAS. VILE. Bitter and metallic and sour are the tastes that erupted in my mouth when I took a bite of the desert I'd made. I immediately spat it right back into the dish, something I've never done before...I've been known to be a pretty finicky eater, and used to reject most every new thing I tried, but I'd usually finish the first bite and refuse more. So you can imagine just how horrible this really tasted.

Back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

  1. Stevia is not one of my favorite sweetners and it by no means compares to real sugar......but it is the only sweetner I can use that does not feed candida. They say xylitol does not feed candida either.

    Anyway, like it or not....I use stevia.

    ReplyDelete