Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Afoot & light-hearted I take to the open road...

So I decided to skip Thanksgiving this year and escape my life for a spell.

Why?
-My traveling has been practically nonexistent since I got sick
-I have a week off work
-I 'm able to go 7-10 days in between doctor's visits, right now
-Southwest was having $30 flights
-I don't have a place to stay in The Bay anyway & everyone has family visiting
-If I have to sit through a holiday where everyone is gorging on mashed potatoes, alcohol and PIE I WILL go Firestarter for sure

Last year, my roommate, a friend and I went camping in Big Sur. We cooked turkey and pie beforehand and made the rest on the fire. It was the greatest Thanksgiving of all time.






This year I decided to up my game and go a bit further away...

Happy Thanksgiving from Paradise, Montana!





And yes, I'm being extra careful about my nose...



"Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose."
-Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment