Monday, November 8, 2010

On second thought

After posting, the other day about not missing things I thought I would and missing things I knew I would, I soon realized there were a couple things I forgot to note...the things I didn't realize I'd miss and do. It actually didn't even occur to me until I was feeding these items to the kids.

Yogurt. It's not even that I like it that much, or crave it, but I'm supposed to eat Greek yogurt for the Probiotics and I find it disgusting. I'd rather have no yogurt at all, than force myself to choke down that thick, sour yogurt-imposter. Thus, it makes me appreciate and miss palatable yogurt, like Yoplait's Key Lime Pie. Oh great, now I've got myself thinking about pie...

Mashed potatoes. I used to eat potatoes by the pound. That can be attributed to my Polish/Irish heritage, I suppose. I didn't even care if they were boxed flakes, frozen, whatev; I needed them all day, every day. Funny that I hadn't missed them until now. I tried giving some to the kiddos the other day and they refused to eat them. I was heartbroken, lamenting to them: "You don't know what you're missing! You should gorge on them while you still have the chance!" That just made them laugh. Brats.

To add insult to injury, I feel as if my entire digestive tract is about to erupt from my exit hatch in a razored display of everything I've ever known, been, loved or revered.

No comments:

Post a Comment