Monday, March 4, 2013

What a wild ride

My gosh, so much has happened this year! It's a good thing I'm able to power walk (and working on running) so that I can keep up with myself! My Mama says that if it weren't for my Facebook check-ins she would never know where I am. Half the time I don't even know!

On Wednesday  she gets to come along with me on my latest adventure. Back in November, my Dad and I drove from California to Texas so I could take a breather for a few months. Now, I'm refreshed and recharged and ready to roll, so I'm headed back to California. After living in San Francisco for five years, this time I'm setting my sights on Los Angeles.

I never in a million years thought I would live in LA, but "never say never!"

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped me the last six months to get my health and finances in check. Through donations I was able to pay off my medical bills that were keeping me from leaving San Francisco. With the help of parents and friends, I was able to lay low for a few months and get some much needed rest. Then some opportunities came up, many from left field, and I am ready to get back in the game!

I am healthier and happier than I have been in a very long time. The past three years have been a challenge and a blessing. I can't say enough how much it means to me that I have been surrounded by an amazing support system and I know that I could not have done it without the amazing people who bless me with their presence in my life.

Now that I'm back on my feet I only hope that I can repay each of you for what you have given me. If any of you need anything, please ask and I will do everything I can to show you the kindness you have shown me. And I have a stack of postcards to send Y'all, just as soon as I slow down enough to write on them!

Los Angeles, get ready!


“Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.” - James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man



No comments:

Post a Comment