Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pumpkin Chicken Chili



2 zucchini
3 celery stalks
2 chicken breasts
2c (or one can) black or red beans
1c (or 1/2 can) pure pumpkin
1 yellow onion
1 red onion
chili powder
olive oil



-Cut onions in half and place face down, with chicken in a glass dish. Cover onions, chicken and bottom of dish with olive oil. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, turning chicken over at 20 minutes
-Chop, then steam celery and zucchini
-Heat beans in boiling water and drain
-After cooked and somewhat cooled, chop chicken and onions
-Combine celery, zucchini, chicken and onions with beans
-Add pumpkin
-Season with chili powder to taste

*Optional- I put my chili onto romaine lettuce and topped with plain Greek yogurt to make a taco-esque option.

I came up with this on my own and I'm kinda proud of myself :)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's beautiful and I commend you. How often do I want to take a photo of my amazing dishes, yet I never do.

    Nice recipe! Think I might try it, as I dig punkin :)

    ReplyDelete