Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wait, you mean to tell me I was allowed to eat that all along?!

-In case you were wondering, Vegas has two Whole Foods and three Trader Joe's...and most of the people who live there have no idea that Trader Joe's is a grocery store.

In case you were wondering further, The Bellagio Cafe has Organic, Free Range Chicken and steamed veggie options.

In case you were wondering even more, they sell raw, unsalted almonds in the airport.

You're welcome.

-I managed to turn a picky-eating, non-healthy eating friend(who asks not to be named as to preserve her reputation) onto hummus. I found this exciting and fabulous up until realizing I am now going to become one of those Health-Preaching Hippies.

*My. Nose. Didn't. Get. Horribly. Burned. (Don't ask me about my thighs or chest if you know what's good for you)

-In other news: My roommate made barley last night and I tried it for the first time. I was cleared on this grain over a week ago, but having no idea how to procure or perpare it, I'd been holding off...A somewhat different experience from when they cleared me on oats and I ate 4 bowls that day(that's oats + water, plain, if you're wondering, and it was one of the best days of my life)

*I also learned that I AM allowed to have cashews, when all this time I thought I wasn't allowed. Vegan cashew cheese here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the life of a preachy hippie vegan. It rocks! Also, hi, I just discovered your blog (through a little stalking) and have decided that we're going to have dinner parties when I get to SF. Because we almost practically eat the same these days (I'm all raw again since Thursday)...it's not so bad now, is it?

    ReplyDelete