Monday, February 27, 2012

Free to Breathe Update

A month ago I blogged about a fundraising Yogathon I am doing next month in LA to fight lung cancer, the leading killer of all the cancers.

I'm learning yoga for this and working really hard! I'm getting my ass handed to me

I checked in a few weeks ago to report I could do most of the poses (pink checks) and now I can do a couple more (blue checks)! Some of the poses are slightly modified for my abilities and I am still working on the transitions between them (the hardest part), but I think I'm off to a great start. I still have a month left to work out the kinks. A boy are there kinks in every muscle of my body!


Also, I am so excited to say that with the help of friends and family, I have exceeded my personal goal of $1,108 and currently have raised $1,208! My team: Kids of AMC (All My Children), along with Danielle (played Emma Lavery) and Tate (played AJ Chandler), is only $32 short of our $2,000 goal!

Aren't they adorable?

I am now trying to get to $1,500, personally, and our team is competing for most money raised. We're up against Downward Dogs: Stephanie Gatschet (Madison North on AMC, Tammy on GL), Melissa Claire Egan (Annie on AMC, Chelsea on YR), Alexandra Chando (Maddie on ATWT), Emme Rylan (Abby on YR, Lizzie on GL), and Paul Gosselin (OLTL).

We really want to beat Downward Dogs, so please help us out and donate!

1 comment:

  1. As of right now I have raised $1,243 and our team has raised $2,029.

    Since we're on a roll and have 27 days left, I've raised my goal to $1,500 and the team raised ours to $3,000. :)

    ReplyDelete