Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Like moths to a flame

My foot is aflame and the butterfly that was fluttering in my toe has now morphed into an erratic moth. That's to be expected considering I'm doing PT 2 or 3 times a week, rockin the one crutch, doing tons of yoga, and finally doing things like going to the grocery store. You can only live on almond butter for so long.

I have also been getting out and about, doing fun things like climbing up and down a bazillion steps with no railing, and down a steep hill, to get to the ocean, like I did on Sunday. I now have lifetime box seats to every gun show in town!

And walking to and from Bart (subway), up and down a billion stairs, through big city blocks, around a museum, and bowling, like I did today.

I tried using that handicap-rolly-helper-thingy, but through some intense sweat and ingenuity, managed to crutch my way through a strike, without it or the help of bumpers, athankyou.

(That's my BFF in those pics, btw. She's rad and my favorite to adventure with.)

So flutter on, mothy, we've got work to do, and I'm only getting started. See, adventure is my flame, and like you, I can't seem to stay away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment