Thursday, March 15, 2012

It sucked, and then I cried.

On Tuesday, I had my EMG and Nerve Conduction study. By far my least favorite of any of the tests I've been through in the past two years.

The first time I had one, I didn't know what to expect, which actually was probably better. Ignorance is bliss! When they started shocking the shit out of me, I was so surprised I didn't have much time to react, I just went into silent shock.

This time, I KNEW what was coming, and was freaked out about it for days ahead of time. Anxiety and anticipation of pain always make it so much easier to deal with, right? Ugh

I didn't sleep well the few days before the test, which I'm sure didn't help my ability to cope with it, during.

They wanted to test a larger area this time, as well, which as you can imagine was just what I wanted to hear! The only way I can really describe what it felt like is for you to imagine having one entire side of your body tattooed, while simultaneously sticking your tongue in an electrical socket, while standing under a shower of rubbing alcohol. Now you know why I cried so much that my eyes were swollen.

Then I was up most of the night waiting for Doc and Marty to show up with the Flux Capacitor, since my body was charged to 1.21 gigawatts and I was ready to go.

I haven't really slept much since the tests, actually. Partly because my right leg, from the hip down, is extremely sensitive right now, and laying down causes it to scream obscenities at me, and partly because I am nervous about the test results tomorrow.

Today I don't really have to get out of bed, so I'll just be sitting around watching Soaps. A nice calm after the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment