Saturday, July 17, 2010

Come on baby, light my fire

I haven't spent much time with friends since getting sick. This is largely because I was either on my death-bed; because my immune system was too low to be around large groups of people; because I was feeling sorry for myself and the fact that everyone else would be eating/drinking when I couldn't; because I didn't want people to know what was going on with me; and because I've been going to bed by 8pm. Last night I broke my social dry-spell and hung out with a great group of people at a bonfire on Ocean Beach. It was the best time I've had in a really long time. I really needed to be around good people and have my spirit lifted.

I missed out on the s'mores my friends and the 75 Brazillian kids mowed through, but I did make some choice kabobs (minus that one that fell in the sand, and that other one that got charred).



In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment