Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm sorry, I can't hear you, I've got olive oil in my ear.

Apparently staying out until 3am(when you've been going to bed between 7 & 9), in chilly, damp, sea air on Friday, and then going to a rock show on Sunday, when you have a serious illness, isn't what the doctor means by "taking it easy." Who knew?! I'm sure this comes as a shock to most, but I'm kinda a stubborn bastard, who has to learn things the hard way(you're dying of shock, aren't you?).

Worry not, I paid for my bullheadedness, when I was struck down Monday night with a cough from the depths of Hell. Thinking that was penance enough, was silly on my part, however. At my check-up on Tuesday I was alerted to the fact that I had, not only a respiratory infection, but a double-ear infection, as well(Yay, I win!).

The rattle in my chest is old news, frankly. I haven't been able to breathe deeply for months anyway, and the cough is nothing compared to my friend that once had one for 7 months straight, so I'm not gonna bitch about any of that...but, I'm a sniveling baby when it comes to ear infections, no joke(there, you know my kryponite).

The best part is that I'm not allowed any medication because it all has antibiotics, sugar or alcohol in it.

My friend suggested boiling olive oil with garlic, letting it cool, straining the garlic and then putting the oil in my ears...so I've been lying around the past few days with my head dunked in oil, watching the entire first season of One Tree Hill, and I must say: I really wish I had some Olive Garden breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment